Friday, May 12, 2006

Hermit Crab Bonding!



I am trying to get my crabs use to being held agian. They use to just walk onto my hand and I could carry them practically anywhere. Now they don't even walk onto my hands. I am a little sad about that, so now I have set a schedule. I am going to take them out (at keast) every evening at 6:00 and have some "getting-picked-up-practice" lol!!!

This morning I was happy and sad at the same time. I looked at the tank and all my crabs but Qwerty were dug down. Now I will have to just have play time with Qwerty. But this gives me a chance to buy another crab with a good excuse "Qwerty is all alone and needs a friend." Not only is it s good excuse, but is also very true!! Hermeis are highky social (who ever named the HERMIT crab was so way off).
Poor Qwerty was just sitting in the middle of the tank...alone. :(

I NEED pictures!! Okay, okay, I will take some of the newly arranged crabby tank.
BEFORE:
















AFTER
And here is part of the tank, its hard to tell whats what because Hollywood dug there in the Cocohut, lol. But what it is, is 2 cocohuts beside each other with wood leaning on them.








Anyways, while I was cleaning up, I saw Peanut! He must not have stayed under. But he is cute. I haven't seen his face since the week I brought him home. I never comes out which almost makes me wish I had bought another crab...but I couldn't. At Meijer (the place I bought him ) he was the first crab I saw and I said "i have to get him, he's so cute. I can't just leave him!" Even though there was like, 8 other crabs AT LEAST to choose from. But anyways, I am stuck with him! He's cute, but very shy. Good thing I have made a bonding schedule, he will HAVE to take place in it!! Poor crab.

Well, I better go! See ya! (gosh it feels like I should be doing homework or something, but nothing was assigned because of the play...)
~Editor

No comments: