Sunday, April 23, 2006

I NEED An Update!

Hello---

I haven't updated in a while, Geez!!

I am so happy! The new 20 gallon is all set up, well, not "all", but mostly it is. I still have 2 areas in the tank that are under construction. I will post pictures as soon as I finish.

I bought a coconut today! I got this idea from HCA (Hermit Crab Association), from one of the members there: I (er---um...actually my dad) am going to drill a small hole in the coconut and let it drain out. Then, we are going to use a door knob saw thingie and cut in a door way. Notice i did NOT cut the coconut in half so it's just the whole coconut with a door! lol. Anyways, then the small hole that was dilled will be wear I put a suction cup hook through and hang it on the tank!

Yesterday we went to the thrift store. First I thought "UG, no way!" then: "Wait, junk=buy=make into treasures for hermies!". That's just what i did. I got 3 plastic picture frames, 2 alike that i glued together and made a ramp, so it looks like the pic to the left:
____
/ \ And the other frame I just let it be, so it's a ramp and plat form. Since it look so steep and I KNOW the crabs wouldn't be able to climb up, I glued on some sreening mesh! It works great! They really seem to like it.

Today I was over at Wal*Mart, and I bought a shower suction shelf thing. It works great also. It is in the shape of like a triangle and fits the the corner of the tank, so now i have a good second level.

I WILL be getting pictures!!
-Editor

No comments: