Sunday, April 09, 2006

Peanut!

YES! I have a new hermie! Let me start from th e beginning.

My dad and I went over to Meijer (if any of you people have it, it's a grocery store a lot like Walmart, but better). My dad was looking at some garnden siol stuff thingy, anyways, I was looking at the pet section, demanding in my mind that I will get a new hermie. I checked their crab tank..the same bad lay out: gravel every where, half the tank cover in water, a coco-fiber climbing wall, a shell full of comercial food. I was disapointed to see no hermies. I left for a while and went into the pet supplize area and look at their 20 gallons to see how their prices were. I came back to the tank and there was one little crabby there, "fighting" off the climbing well fibers. He was so cute! I thought maybe that their would be some more crabs behind the climbing wall. So I got a clerk person to unlock to tank area and open the tank up. There were a lot of crabs behind the wall! From sizes of dimes to a golf ball.
It was a little hard to choose...all those crabs suffering! I decided to go with the crab i first saw fighting the coconut fibers. So that's who's home with me now! I named him/her Peanut, isn't that a cute name? He's orangish/redish, but I believe he's a PP (Purple Pincer), his pincher is purple and the eye stalks look like PP kind.
---I would have loads of pictues, but Peanut is burrying himself, so I will leave him alone for now. He might be de-stressing and/or molting. Not sure, but he need to rest and got healthy. He has some tips of some of his "feet" off so he will need to regrow those. I LOVE Peanut, so cute! I will check the gender later, when I can. Yesterday (when he was unburried) I was trying to get him use to me picking him up off the ground (only lifted him about 3 inches, =D)

Hopefully Peanut will molt well and be able to join the big crabs. Maybe I will get Peanut a small buddy when I get the 20 gallon. Four crabs in a 10 gallon is more than enough!
-Editor

No comments: